Page 1 of 1

Betfair place market

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:10 pm
by hammer
Hi all,

I have just joined the forum and have a question before I decide if the Staking Machine can help me.

I currently back horses solely on the Betfair place market.

How does the software cater for this?

What staking plans are there for the Betfair place market?

I'd really appreciate some guidance on this.

Place Markets

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:41 pm
by support
Hi Hammer. I have replied via email to you but just in case you didn't get it i'll add a few lines here as well.

The races that you select are controlled in the Quick Pick List in Gruss Betting Assistant and not TSM. To bet solely on place markets you would simply select place markets only in Gruss BA.

All the staking plans can be used for place markets. As the odds are generally shorter and the strike rate generally higher you would need to do a bit of research as to which staking plan is best suited for yourself.

Cheers

Re: Place Markets

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:39 am
by hammer
support wrote:Hi Hammer. I have replied via email to you but just in case you didn't get it i'll add a few lines here as well.

The races that you select are controlled in the Quick Pick List in Gruss Betting Assistant and not TSM. To bet solely on place markets you would simply select place markets only in Gruss BA.

All the staking plans can be used for place markets. As the odds are generally shorter and the strike rate generally higher you would need to do a bit of research as to which staking plan is best suited for yourself.

Cheers


Many thanks.

I don't have plans at this stage to use the automated betting option on TSM, so (forgive any misunderstanding on my part) would I still require Gruss Betting Assistant? If not, how does TSM still cater for the Betfair place market?

Cheers.

Hammer

place market

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:58 am
by support
I assumed you meant using it with Gruss BA. If you are not doing any automated betting then you do not need Gruss BA.

TSM does not cater for betfair place betting any more then betfair win betting. All the staking plans could be suitable. It all depends on your bet odds, strike rate and your personality. (high risk or low risk staking plan).

Cheers

Re: place market

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:20 pm
by hammer
support wrote:I assumed you meant using it with Gruss BA. If you are not doing any automated betting then you do not need Gruss BA.

TSM does not cater for betfair place betting any more then betfair win betting. All the staking plans could be suitable. It all depends on your bet odds, strike rate and your personality. (high risk or low risk staking plan).

Cheers


Thanks for that.

Is it right therefore to assume that if a horse I back on the betfair place market is indeed placed, I treat that as a "win" in TSM?

Cheers.

Hammer

place markets

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:16 pm
by support
Yes indeed. All the back staking plans work where an outcome can be viewed as a win or a loss. The betfair place markets can only have two outcomes so works fine with TSM.

If you were to use place betting with the ordinary bookmaker where there are several outcomes you should use the each way staking plans in TSM.

Re: place markets

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:57 pm
by hammer
support wrote:Yes indeed. All the back staking plans work where an outcome can be viewed as a win or a loss. The betfair place markets can only have two outcomes so works fine with TSM.

If you were to use place betting with the ordinary bookmaker where there are several outcomes you should use the each way staking plans in TSM.


Thanks very much.