It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:56 pm 

Hi

I have a query regarding the Retirement Staking Plan, specifically the winning odds used in the calculations.

The TSM website says for Retirement Plan: "For decimal odds the average odds is calculated by converting to fractional odds and taking the first part of the fraction. So for decimal odds of 5 the average odds entered in the Retirement Staking Plan Settings would be 4."

However, when I use TSM to analyse my bets using the Retirement Plan the average winning odds displayed in the "Quick Stats" and "Stake Plan Settings" screen is the actual average odds of the winning bets, and not as stated above, decimal odds coverted to fractional and taking the first part of the fraction.

OR am I missing something and the displayed winning odds is NOT the odds used in the calculations, which are calculated as described above, behind the scenes in the program??

thanks

Post subject: retirement
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

The average odds in the quick stats tab is correct. The average odds used in the retirement staking plan is fixed and set by you. Not TSM. So they are not linked in any way. The odds you set in staking plan settings are the odds used to calculate the divisor.