thestakingmachine.com

TSM - Forum

TSM Forum Home     Download TSM     Purchase TSM     Support     TSMapp     Back to Main TSM Site 

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:26 pm
Coup Master Advert

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: User Manual?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 pm 

Would it be possible to get a user manual for The Staking Machine? Some of the functions are easily understood or can be worked out by trial and error but some aspects are useless without some sort of guidance.

For example; what are the key things to look out for when using Shuffle Sequence and Confidence Test? How significant are the things under the various headings in the analysis box?

The XYZ staking gives a good profit over 250 of my selections but when the results are shuffled it always overruns the bank (bankrupt) by a small amount and the confidence test always shows “better than expected”.

It would be useful to have some guidance on how to use the features and properly interpret the results.

BW

Post subject: User manual
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:53 am 
Site Admin

How you interpret the results is up to you. Any guidance i offer on how to interpret shuffling the bet data is subjective. I would be very wary about filling a user manual with opinion.

This is a fairly old article now but explains how I personally use TSM when looking at tipster data.
http://www.thestakingmachine.com/blog/?p=13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:44 pm 

Thank you for the response. I wasn’t asking for subjective information, just practical facts. An objective opinion based on factual experience would be very useful and not something to be wary of.

For example; it is possible to get any set of results at their best settings to show a bankrupt outcome if shuffled enough times. Shuffling has to have some measurable outcome other than to just demonstrate this or it wouldn’t be included as a feature of TSM. The same goes for other features such as Analysis and Confidence Test.

The link you provided was most helpful in answering some of my other questions.

Thank you

BW