thestakingmachine.com

TSM - Forum

TSM Forum Home     Download TSM     Purchase TSM     Support     TSMapp     Back to Main TSM Site 

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:51 pm
Coup Master Advert

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Win/Lose Integers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:56 pm 

I havent purchased the software yet and not being a techie i'm struggling to use it. I use excel to record my bets and i use a zero to represent a loss. can someone please explain in simple lay man terms how win/lose integers work ?
I have read the help file and still dont get it. I cant seem to get it to work.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:09 pm 

Hi Colin,

The software needs some way of finding out whether the bet was won or not and 'straight out of the box' it looks in the results column and if it sees a 2 then that is recognised as a losing bet, whereas a 1 means a winning bet.

So you have two choices, 1) you can alter your data to conform with TSM's 1=win 2=loss, or 2) you can change TSM's defaults to match your own.

So in the first case 1) you would go into Excel and change your 'loss' integer (of zero) to 2, and make your win integer 1 (if it isn't already so).

In the second case, in the main TSM screen just click Edit Win/Lose integers to match your own.

Hope this helps

Paul

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:32 pm 

Thanks for your reply paul. I think i grasp it now. I managed to transfer my football bets in mass. Interesting ! Like all things its simple when you know how isnt it.

Another question though, how do i deal with having integers that represent their race result places.
For instance, my horse racing bets have numbers from 1 - 4 representing where they finished in the race. Am i correct in thinking that i would have change it manually in excel.
Thanks
Colin

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:21 am 

Colin wrote:
Thanks for your reply paul. I think i grasp it now. I managed to transfer my football bets in mass. Interesting ! Like all things its simple when you know how isnt it.

Another question though, how do i deal with having integers that represent their race result places.
For instance, my horse racing bets have numbers from 1 - 4 representing where they finished in the race. Am i correct in thinking that i would have change it manually in excel.
Thanks
Colin

I'm no Excel power user, but the way I did it yesterday was to use Ctrl-H ('find and replace'), on integers 3 and 4 changing them to 2 (TSM's integer for a loss). 2nd place in your Excel is already integer 2 so that can be left alone, and overall you'll be left with just 1's and 2's

I'd backup first though because you never know when you might need a record of the place positions.

But like I say, I'm an MS Excel neophtye and there may be a smarter way, so is there an advanced Excel user out there who can suggest anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:08 pm 

If your Win/Lose column were col A, you could do the following:

=if(A1<>1,2,1)

That will preserve the value if its a 1, otherwise change it to a 2. The column that these calcs are in you can then just Copy, then Paste Special and select Values.

Search and replace works fine too, but on more than one occasion I've done that without first hightlighting the column and setting the options properly, and replaced the entire contents of my sheet, which when its big can take an age to undo!

Paul