Fibonacci Staking Plan
The Fibonacci Staking Plan is based on the Fibonacci sequence of numbers first devised by an Italian mathematician in the 12th century. The Fibonacci sequence took its name from its inventor.
Some people profess that the Fibonacci sequence can form the basis of a very efficient staking plan, especially when it comes to horse racing. The Fibonacci Sequence works by adding the two previous numbers in the Fibonacci Sequence to get the next stake, ie 1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34. With the Fibonacci Sequence your bets go up one step with each loss. With each win you reduce your bets by 2 steps down. Note that every win with the Fibonacci sequence pays for the two losses before it.
Worked example for the Fibonacci sequence:
- bet £10 until you lose, then bet £20
- if you win at £20, then return to step 1. If you lose, then bet £30
- if you win at £30, then return to step 1. If you lose, then bet £50
- if you win at £50, then return to step 2. If you lose, then bet £80
- if you win at £80, then return to step 3. If you lose, then bet £130
- if you win at £130, then return to step 4. If you lose, then bet £210
- if you win at £210, then return to step 5. If you lose, then bet £340
- if you win at £340, then return to step 6. If you lose, return to step 1
The screenshot below shows the settings available for Fibonacci Staking Plan in TSM. We can either use the Fibonacci Staking Plan or XYZ.
Basic Sequence Based Staking Plans have an inbuilt stop loss within them. If we start at 1 in the series and lose 8 bets in a row we would lost 87% of our bank.
1 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 8 + 13 + 21 + 34 = 87
When using any Sequence Based Staking Plan be prepared to have a run of 8 losing bets. No matter what your strike rate is. If necessary decrease the Percent % to Bet.
Our sister software – The Bet Machine – TBM was released in 2020. Every Back/Lay Staking Plan in TSM is available to use in The Bet Machine.
Used in conjunction with Gruss Betting Assistant, TBM is compatible with both Betfair and Betdaq Betting Exchange.
TBM incorporates Race Card data for UK/IRE Horse Racing and UK Greyhound Racing.
Create your own Horse and Greyhound Selection Systems in TBM by using the built in System Builder tool – Selection Hunter. Back Test your designed systems and find your edge.